8:30 – 9:00: REGISTRATION & WELCOME
9:00 – 10:00 Class 1: Variable Frequency Drives Workshop
Eaton Drive Workshop Presented by James Schall – Crescent Electric Supply
In-depth discussions and live demonstrations of the next generation of PowerXL variable frequency drives by Eaton, including:
1. The DC1 is the new compact variable frequency drive by Eaton. Its simple mounting and installation requirements, together with its basic parameter configuration, make this drive ideal for fans, pumps, and conveyor systems. A straightforward commissioning process makes the DC1 ideal for mass production applications in the field of machine building. Performance range up to 30 HP provide the DC1 with maximum flexibility.
2. The DG1 general-purpose drives are part of the Eaton next-generation PowerXL series of adjustable frequency drives specifically engineered for today’s more demanding commercial and industrial applications. With an industry-leading energy efficiency algorithm, high short-circuit current rating and robust design, the DG1 offers customers increased efficiency, safety and reliability.
10:00 – 11:00 Class 2: Proface Human Machine Interface and Industrial PLC’s
For over 40 years, Pro-face has set the standard for Human Machine Interface and Industrial Personal Computers. A global company, with a local presence, Pro-face provides global product availability, support, and service. While we are global, it’s our local presence that makes us agile, and able to provide our customers with world class products, and industry leading support. From our state-of-the-art facility in Ann Arbor Michigan, we are able to provide local product assembly and customization, training, repair, and technical support that makes your decision to use Pro-face a wise one.
- Introduction to Pro-face
- HMI FAMILY
- IPC FAMILY
- Overview of Pro-face Software
- GP PRO EX
- Blue Open Studio
- HMI Remote connectivity options
- GP Viewer
- Remote HMI App
- BOS – Studio Mobile Access
- HMI Trends
11:00 – 12:00 Class 3: Industrial Internet Remote Access/Security
Remote Access and Maintenance / Internet Security Presented by James Schall – Crescent Electric Supply
Why is industrial remote access / maintenance important? We will display the benefits of secure remote access to equipment via VPN connectivity (wired or cellular). Reduces travel for OEM’s engineers and maintenance personnel. Reduces downtime for end users and remote access to sites from anywhere with an internet connection.
A full product demonstration of the Phoenix Contact mGuard secure VPN/Firewall/Router appliance, including the Phoenix Contact Secure Cloud portal. End users can control when the OEM / maintenance personnel are allowed to access the equipment. OEM’s / maintenance personnel can easily document the amount of time spent supporting the end user customer. This is a great tool for any grain handling installation, irrigation or any other equipment that may need remote access / maintenance.
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
12:00 – 1:30 Trade Show